Long Carbon Bars & Wires
T +33 3 87 72 45 02
F +33 3 87 72 45 13
Dr Anne Kirsch-Racine
Superior expertise in R&D
R&D is the main instrument for delivering ArcelorMittal's ambitions in technological innovation and supporting its sustainability and future growth.
Some key figures
The Gandrange Research Centre (France)
The Gandrange Research Centre is devoted to R&D activity in the field of bars and wires:
- 44 full-time researchers
- Product development (cold heading, low- and high-carbon steels for wiredrawing, springs…)
- Process development (wiredrawing, process modelling)
- Technical support (process optimisation and product quality enhancement)
- Partnership with customers
- State of the art equipment
The Gandrange R&D centre operates worldwide, working closely with ArcelorMittal steelmakers and wiredrawers (WireSolutions). Regular technical exchanges take place with the teams in Europe, South Africa, the Americas and Asia.