Few companies can match the history of Huta Królewska as the plant is over 200 years old! On October 25, 1802, the first tapping occurred. In 1843 Chorzow’s mill was one of the first in Europe to be included on the list of manufacturers of rails for the railway industry. A mere 20 years later, it was already equipped with the first rolling mill in Silesia. It had Jozef Pilsudski and Tadeusz Kosciuszko as its patrons. It underwent transformation from primary operations to one of the most modern downstream facilities providing steel for railway industry and mining. As of January 1, 2009 it belongs to the ArcelorMittal Poland S.A.