This plant has a history of over 170 years! It was founded in 1828 as a “Bethlen-Falva" in Świętochłowice. The plant boasted the then most modern steam-driven equipment, such as blast furnace, puddling furnace with rolling mill, and cupola. In the 1930s the Silesian steelmaking industry was taken over by the State of Poland and the steelworks name was changed Huta Florian. Transformation of the famous “Florian” from primary into processing operations was related to closing down of blast furnaces and the open-hearth steelmaking plant. Today this ArcelorMittal Poland’s facility produces organic coated sheets of the highest quality. The plant was granted an emblem of Teraz Polska for roof tiles and awarded with the certificate of "Clean Production".